Volunteers Are Needed
At the sanctuary your personal help is needed! You can do one or all of the following for several dogs during a visit.
- Spend no less than 10-15 minutes with a singular puppy/dog.
- Socialize our little orphans (both puppies and adult dogs) with human contact on a regular basis.
- Love & Pet the puppy/dog
- Scratch & Rub tummies
- Massage necks/backs/legs (they love this).
- Sit, Read Outloud to & Relax with puppies/dogs in kennels to help them become accustom to a human voice.
- Play with the puppy/dog and a toy or ball
- Help familiarize the puppy/dog with a leash so they are not afraid to have one attached to their collar.
- Take the puppy/dog for a walk to the lake and back to help them grow more accustom to or maintain a positive experience being on a leash.
- Help to bath our little orphans, their personal hygiene is an important aspect of a dogs health and comfort.
At our Adoption Events help is needed to:
- Hours needed for these events is 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- If you can volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours that would be so helpful. We do not want to burden any one person to stay all day.
- Monitor the Adoption Table/Donations
- Pet, talk to, care for the dogs
- Bag & promote the donated dog cookies
- Help with "set-up & tear-down" of equipment and supplies needed for the event and "un-loading/loading" of animals.
- Set-Up takes place 30-45 min BEFORE the store opens.
Contact us if you are willing to help with these needs:
- Call the sanctuary at 870-431-8354.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or My Daughter: email@example.com